How to Create More Magic in Your Life
Do remember the last time that you said “Wow!”?
Did it happen while you were…
… witnessing a beautiful sunset?
… watching a movie or musical performance that took your breath away?
… playing with a child who was bursting with giggles?
Whatever caused you to say it, you can never forget that exquisite feeling that you experienced during those delectable moments.
As we grow into adults, a lot of people find it difficult to feel these emotions. We accumulate numerous layers of conditioning, while attempting to fit into society’s moulds. In this way, our curiosity and sense of wonder gradually gets diminished and is replaced with a scepticism and seriousness.
The hectic and busy pace of life adds to this numbing process by desensitizing people to subtler energies around them. Like hamsters inside a running wheel, they get so caught up in their day-to-day routine that they cannot perceive the world beyond their five senses.
Now some may argue that this transition is a necessary part of the maturation and growth process. While it is true that we should avoid getting our heads stuck in the clouds when dealing with real world problems, I don’t believe it is necessary for us to completely disconnect from this child-like sensibility.
Allowing ourselves to have experiences that create a sense of awe within us is one of the most effective ways to feed our spirit. And no matter how vigilant you are about your health, relationships or bank account, if you are not feeding your spirit, your life will lack texture, depth and vibrancy.
Experiencing magic is like having a surge of electrical current run through our body. In an instant, our life can go from black and white to technicolor. Our intuition, creativity and ability to sense the underlying wisdom that exists below the surface of everyday living gets heightened.
I know this because I have witnessed this phenomenon many times in my life – you see, magic has been a constant theme throughout my journey. I watched spellbinding shows and concerts; I allowed myself to get lost in the magical worlds of video games, movies, music and theme parks.
Yet the experience of magic is very personal. Everyone feels it in different ways and contexts. For example, my mother experiences it whenever she sees her flowers bloom in the springtime. I’ve seen my brother in this elated state while celebrating the victory of his favorite sports team.
You too have specific triggers that elevate you to a heightened state of wonder. If you are finding it challenging to recall the times when you have felt this way, I’ve outlined some guidelines that will facilitate your inner processing and help you connect with these emotions on a regular basis:
- Step 1: Close your eyes and take a few deep breaths. Remember a time in the past when you felt light, joyful, and experienced a wonderful feeling of enchantment. Visualize the experience vividly in your mind’s eye and notice your surroundings – the environment, people, and any other details. Spend a few minutes soaking in this experience and enjoying all the delightful sentiments that you felt at that time.
- Step 2: When you are ready, open your eyes and begin making notes about what you saw and how it made you feel. Focus on your emotional experience and what made this particular memory so special. Be as specific as possible. You can repeat this process if would like to visualize other similar experiences.
- Step 3: Now bring yourself back to the present moment and ask yourself what kind of activities can elicit the same kind of emotions within you. Make a list of at least 2-5 activities. Would you like to be accompanied by other people (your partner, friends, family) or would you rather experience it yourself?
- Step 4: Do any necessary research and sign up for these engagements if necessary. Then take a look at your schedule and make some time to engage in these activities on a regular basis.
- Step 5: Pass on the magic by bringing a sense of joy into another person’s life. Whether it’s someone in your immediate circle or an elderly person in a retirement home, choose someone whose life you think you can brighten with your presence and positive energy.
The whole purpose of conjuring more magic into our lives is so that we can understand instinctively our role as powerful co-creators of our reality. When we realize that we are by-products of the incredible forces that orchestrate the Universe, we can begin channeling this power to manifest our heart’s desires.
All my best on your journey,
Latest posts by Seline Shenoy (see all)
- 5 Reasons Why it’s Important to Commemorate Special Occasions - March 18, 2016
- Why Being Vulnerable is the Only Way to Real Connection - January 15, 2016
- How to Create More Magic in Your Life - October 24, 2015